PHILIPSBURG: Article 28a of the National Ordinance Spatial Development Planning (Lrop) is back into effect.
Article 28a regulates the requirements for a civil works permit, which will allow the minister to review certain planned works prior to approval. This will ensure that works will not cause undesirable and irreversible damage to the environment and are executed with concern to the environment and that the works fit within government’s Spatial Development Vision. In addition, the article allows the government to impose conditions on the execution of the works.
Prior approval by the VROMI minister is needed for the following:
– The excavation, raising, leveling or explosion of land
– The construction of roads and other pavements
– Works and projects that impact the water management and the ground water level
– Felling and clear cutting of trees or other cultivation
– Demolition of structures
– Filling and/or dredging of water
If you intend to carry out any of the above works or projects, you must apply for a civil works permit, effective April 26, 2021. A civil works permit is not the same as a building permit. An appointment to submit a permit request can be made online at http://bit.ly/vromiappointment.